BBQ Corn on the CobJune 18, 2015
Garlic Shrimp with Cilantro Spaghetti SquashJuly 8, 2015
4 Medium Carrots
½ Red Onion
3 tablespoons lemon juice
¼ cup Olive Oil
Sea Salt and Pepper to taste
1-2 cups torn Lettuce Leaf
2 tablespoons fresh Dill
Serving Size: 1 Slice
Nutrition Facts: 117 Calories | 9g Fat | 8g Carbohydrates | 5g Sugars | 2g Protein | 202mg Sodium
1. With a vegetable peeler, shave zucchini into strips. Place the zucchini strips in a colander and lightly toss with salt, let them set for about 15 minutes.
2. Shave 4 carrots into strips and place aside.
3. Thinly slice ½ red onion and place aside.
4. Whisk together the lemon juice and olive oil.
5. Using a baking pan, place ⅓ of the sliced zucchini as the base layer, followed by a layer of torn leaf lettuce, and then ⅓ of the carrot and red onion. Pour ⅓ of the dressing over the base layer, and then repeat the layers twice.
6. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Sprinkle with fresh dill and pepper before serving.