Spaghetti SquashApril 19, 2014
Overnight, No-Cook Refrigerator Apple Cinnamon OatmealMay 9, 2014
A delicious and healthy meal!
1 cup quinoa
4 large eggs, beaten
1 cup black beans
3/4 cup reduced-fat cottage cheese
1/4 cup sliced scallions
1 cup fat-free shredded cheese
2 diced tomatoes
Serving Size: 2 quinoa cakes
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 365 | Carbohydrates: 35g | Fat: 17g | Protein: 19g | Sodium
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 12-cup nonstick muffin tin with cooking spray.
2. Boil a pot of water, stir in quinoa, cover and cook until grains are tender. Transfer to a large bowl and let cool for about 10 minutes.
3. Add eggs, beans, cottage cheese, scallions, tomatoes, and desired salt to the quinoa and stir well until combined. Divide the mixture among the muffin cups. Top each quinoa cup with a little cheese.
4. Bake the cakes until they’re puffy and a little brown on top, about 20 minutes. Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes.
5. Serve and enjoy. May freeze to consume later.