Grilled Chicken with Summer Corn and Tomato SaladSeptember 9, 2014
Apple Nachos SupremeOctober 9, 2014
1 medium head of cabbage
1 lb. extra lean ground turkey
2 cups long grain brown rice
2 cups tomato sauce
Optional pepper, onion and garlic
Serving Size: 8
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 162.18 | Carbohydrates: 21.9g | Fat : 1.6g | Protein: 16.7g | Cholesterol: 22.5mg
1. Core the head of cabbage, place cabbage in pot of hot water and bring to a boil, and cook for about 10 minutes.
2. Remove cabbage from the stove and carefully pull apart the leaves, one at a time.
3. Run leaves under cool water to stop the cooking process.
4. Mix ground turkey, rice, and optional ingredients together.
5. Take approximately 1/8 of the mixture and place in the cabbage, roll, and place in slow cooker.
6. After rolling all the leaves, pour tomato sauce on top, and fill an empty tomato can 1/2 full of water and pour over cabbage. Place lid on slow cooker, cook on medium to high for about one hour. Turn down to low for an additional hour and half. OR, cook on low for 5-6 hours.