Cherry-Almond CrispAugust 9, 2014
Chicken and Asian Pear SaladAugust 29, 2014
A great healthy option for an outdoor barbecue!
1 ¼ pound large shrimp, peeled
4 skewers (10-12 inches long)
1/3 cup hoisin sauce
3 tablespoons ketchup
2 green onions, thinly sliced
1 head romaine lettuce, thinly sliced
1 ½ teaspoon grated peeled fresh ginger
¼ teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
2 tablespoons water
Serving Size: 1 skewer, 6 pieces of shrimp
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 185 | Carbohydrates: 13g | Dietary Fiber: 1g | Protein 25g | Sodium: 540 mg
1. Lightly grease grill rack and place on medium heat.
2. Thread shrimp on skewers, roughly 6 pieces.
3. In a small bowl, stir hoisin sauce, ketchup, ginger, five-spice powder, and vinegar.
4. Brush shrimp with sauce and place on hot grill rack. Cook shrimp for 2 minutes, brush some more sauce on the shrimp and turn and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
5. Place quesadilla on hot grill rack and cook 1-2 minutes or until brown on both sides, turning over once. Transfer quesadilla to cutting board and cut into 3 pieces.
6. Serve shrimp and use remaining sauce for dipping.